Be a volunteer
You don’t have to be a runner to enjoy Ealing’s biggest event of the year. Last year, hundreds of volunteers got involved and had a great time making Ealing’s Half Marathon such a wonderful success for the runners and spectators alike resulting in us winning the accolade of the Number One Best Half Marathon 2014, 2015 & 2016 at The Running Awards.
This year we’ll be putting together an even bigger volunteer team of 700 (YES 700!!), looking after the race village in Lammas Park, and out on the roads of Ealing guiding the runners and helping local residents. It’s a fun & rewarding experience for all and we’d love you to get involved! You will need to be able to give between 4 to 6 hours on the day depending on where you are volunteering. The required start time for most volunteer areas will be 07:30am to allow for all the logistics on the day.
Reasons to volunteer:
Not only is it a great community event to take part in but each registered volunteer who completes their role gets a bespoke volunteer medal, breakfast roll, drink AND a free race place* for the following years event so it’s a great incentive. There is also a prize draw after the event one lucky winner of a Magnum of Champagne!
This popular event was an instant success, and West London’s largest mass participation event:
- 2017 event attracted 7,000 runners and this year we hope to have 8,000 runners including our children’s event, the Ealing Mini Mile.
- Raised over £1,000,000 so far for various charities.
- Voted the Number One Half Marathon in the UK 2016 at The Running Awards.
- Voted the Number One Half Marathon in the UK 2015 at The Running Awards.
- Voted the Number One Half Marathon in the UK 2014 at The Running Awards.
- Voted the Number One race for atmosphere in 2013 by Runner’s World Magazine.
- Voted in the Top Ten UK Half Marathons by Runner’s World Magazine in our inaugural year.
- Highly rated in the running/fitness community – 97% of runners would do it again as rated on Runners World.
There are a large number of roles available on race-day:
- Team Leaders
- Traffic co-ordinators
- Race marshals
- Water station teams
- Baggage & race village co-ordinators
Volunteering is a great opportunity to feel part of the event and meet new like-minded people.
If you could spare 4-6 hours on race day, 30th September 2018, then please complete the Volunteer Form and one of the team will be in touch.
We’re also really keen to hear from Community Groups, Clubs & Charities who can organise a team of volunteers. We can help you promote your organisation to the runners and their supporters.
If the role you would like is no longer on the list, then allocation has been reached and the option removed so please choose another role.
*To qualify for the free race place in 2019, volunteers must sign in and out on the day and remain in their role until dismissed by their Team Leader. You will be required to give 4-6 hours depending on location. Medals will be distributed when you sign out.