We are best known for creating the UK’s Number One award winning, Ealing Half Marathon. West London’s only fully road closed half marathon for up to 8,000 runners.
Our aim is simply to organise and manage a fully road closed mass participation race to raise a surplus which is ploughed back into community projects.
In our commitment to providing sport and fitness for all, we engage in year round community activities such as:
- Ealing Half Marathon, Osterley Park 10k series, The Ealing Mile, Beginner Groups, Health Walks, Children’s clubs & coaching
- Presenting to 3,500 children in primary schools to promote physical activity such as Junior parkrun and the Ealing Mini Mile
- Running clubs at schools – Helped set up and coached Montpelier Primary School in Ealing
- Training ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) to improve activity at Acton College
- Setup local running groups & train leaders – Southall Running and Fitness established in 2014. Leaders created from participants and trained as Leaders in Running Fitness
- Setup health walks at Osterley Park in West London and coach children at Queens Park Harriers
- Event Direct at junior parkrun & volunteer at parkrun
We create running and fitness groups for all abilities. We visit schools to help tackle childhood obesity. We proactively encourage everyone to visit their free local parkrun or junior parkrun. Most races of our size are run by large commercial organisations that appear just once a year. We are a real community race with the professional touch.
We want to share our love of running and fitness with children and adults and make fitness available to all. We want to continue to develop sport in London and spread the #EalingFeeling.